Hey everyone, I'm currently in search of a couple people to help me out with moderating the statistics pages. If you are interested in helping, please read the following, and then if you are still interested, keep reading :)
- I cannot offer any compensation for your time. This is a 100% volunteer position.
- You should be an active and devoted SWTOR player.
- You should be able to devote at the very minimum 4 hours a week to the website.
- You should be able to be easily reached via email or other means (and can expect the same from me).
Ok, so if you feel that you meet the requirements, then please feel free to read on.
At this moment in time, the job is very specific but there is nothing stopping it from opening up should the need or opportunity present itself. The statistics pages are updated once a day, and often times spoofed logs or faulty encounters make it into the statistics pages and rankings that should not be there. While I do my best to skim through the rankings, it is a lot of work for one person on top of everything else I am doing. The job would be to review the statistics pages to ensure no faulty encounters are present, and if they are, flag them for removal. I have programmed tools that make this job a lot easier, and your account would be given access to them to help you with this task.
If you would like to apply, please email me at email@example.com. The application can be informal, and does not require any professional resume or template. With that said, please include the following:
- A brief description of your SWTOR history (server, character, when you started, etc)
- One thing you would like to see changed on TORParse.com
- Your account name on TORParse.com (just the name, *not* the password)
- If you have any previous experience doing things like this (it is okay if you don't)
- Any programming experience? (it is okay if you don't)
I will do my best to reply to all applications in a timely fashion. Thank you!